Coronation Clock

Corornation ClockThe Coronation Clock was unveiled in June 1903 on the wall of Platt’s store as a memorial to the coronation of King Edward VII and Queen Alexandra in August 1902.

About 1931 the building was demolished and since no suitable site could be found for the clock, it was stored in a coach house in the High Street. And there it stayed for over forty years until it was restored in 1977 in commemoration of Elizabeth II’s Silver Jubilee.

The clock can now be seen through a window at the front of the Ostrich Inn.